Aug 12, 2012

What in the world is a Scalzophrenic?

As I begin this endeavor of "blogging", I suppose I should define "Scalzophrenic".
  • Scalzophrenic ...from Italian (scalzo "barefoot") + Greek (phrēn, phren- [φρήν, φρεν-] "mind").

With that now covered, I'd like to now define "Barefootism".
  • Barefootism is a spiritual path that is defined by the intentional act of being barefoot. This act allows for a deeper connection to the Earth, as well as a more patient and mindful disposition to the moment. It represents a respectful reaction to the environment, and an aspiration towards living a compassionate life full of empathy, simplicity, and humility.

My blog will undoubtedly be grounded upon those two concepts.  I will be sharing my thoughts on theological concepts, philosophical ideals, moral dilemmas, scientific theory, artistic renderings and other similar genres as it appeals to me.

I hope I can express myself in a manner that is both interesting and concise so that you continue to read, and/or share my thoughts with others.

Peace,
Dan

--
我有三宝,持而保之!  一曰慈,二曰俭,三曰不敢为天下先!
I have Three Treasures, which I hold fast and guard closely. The first is Compassion, the second is Simplicity, the third is Humility.

0 comments: